Thursday 5 April 2012

Riding against Cancer - NightRider 2012

So, my training program has commenced in earnest. I am seeking to raise over £1000 by riding 100k in the moonlight later this year.


Yes, that's right. I've signed up and undertaken to participate in Nightrider 2012. I will be departing from Alexandra Palace shortly after midnight, on Saturday 9 June and cycling 100k for Breast Cancer Care and Marie Curie Cancer Care.




In January, my best friend Charlotte was diagnosed with a stage three, invasive, oestrogen positive, breast cancer. She has started chemo, and will also receive hormone and surgical therapies... Never has the work of Breast Cancer Care been so immediately meaningful.




As she bravely continues in her battle against cancer, I'm determined to do my bit. As Charlotte approaches the midway point in her chemotherapy, I am pumping up my tyres and reacquainting myself with the saddle over long distances training for my nocturnal ride in June.




Please help me raise as much money as possible for these two wonderful charities whose work changes people's lives every day. Those people aren't just strangers you've never met. They're people like Charlotte.
Sponsoring me and donating to the two charities is quick and straightforward...





Follow the link below to my Virgin Money Giving Fundraising Page and click on Donate Now.
Don't forget to GiftAid your donation to enable the charities to claim the tax back on your gift. This means that they receive £1.25 for every £1 donated.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/riding-against-cancer

Anything and everything is very welcome and most gratefully received.

Thank you!










No comments:

Post a Comment