Tuesday 25 September 2012

New year mid year

In spite of the weather, for me this time of year always holds a spring like quality.  There's something about fresh starts arising from my affinity with the academic calendar and the rhythm of the year within the year.  September has, for as long as I can remember, represented the beginning of a new year - albeit three quarters through the calendar year.  This year is no exception, and I have embarked upon a new programme of study necessitating pre course reading, discovering a previously unknown corner of London and meeting new colleagues in the classroom setting.
 
 
"As long as you live, keep learning how to live"
Seneca
 
As an adult learner, groups today feel both exciting and still daunting.  First impressions, expectations, comparisons, assumptions.  I am looking forward to the year ahead, but am under no illusions.  I have the dates in my diary, I now have responsibilities - to myself, and to others.  With every new start comes a commitment to be realised.  And potential to be actualised.   
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment