Thursday 22 September 2011

Experiencing my experience

Surrounded by other practitioners, on a retreat I know I am not alone in entering this spirit of inquiry which, paradoxically, makes it more comfortable to be with myself, and my experience and thereby facilitates the emergence of answers which may well be more authentic than those I could conceive of using my more readily accessible intellectual and conceptual mind that is somehow on-line much of the time and often in the foreground.  Hello me.  Hello world. 




Returning somewhere I've not yet been to

There is something extraordinary and almost mystical about the power of the experiential.  Whilst the practices are familiar, I can, by making a conscious choice, give myself a new, fresh and different experience, quite unlike anything that I have ever encountered previously.  This time, this practice, this moment and this breath are themselves unique and impossible to replicate.


No comments:

Post a Comment