Tuesday 4 October 2011

Chance Encounters: Meaningful Moments

"When you stop existing and you start truly living, each moment of the day comes alive with the wonder and synchronicity." 
Steve Maraboli (Speaker, Author, Philanthropist) 

Much of my life has been about saying 'yes'.  Recently, I've been reminded of this in different ways.  Telling my story, or running through my CV illustrates this, but so too do those little things that could, quite easily, simply pass me by were I not to notice them.  By bringing awareness to those precious moments, those chance encounters, the things that turn the corners of my mouth into a smile, I remember how everything I do is all part of a bigger picture, the composition of which I have yet to know. 

The other day I struck up a conversation with someone who works in an independent business in my neighbourhood.  I have just gone in for what I wanted, and walked out when I had it, but something prompted me to speak to the lady who served me, and what a profitable conversation it was.  She had grown up somewhere I am hoping to visit later this year, and began giving me hints and tips for a possible itinerary.  Later in our conversation she mentioned that she was beginning to give up in her attempt to give up smoking.  Bingo!  There it was.  Golden synchronicity.  In that moment we each had something to give the other.

"We do not create our destiny; we participate in its unfolding. Synchronicity works as a catalyst toward the working out of that destiny."
David Richo (Psychotherapist, author of 'How to be an Adult')



 

No comments:

Post a Comment