Thursday 8 December 2011

Just get on with it!

I find that the older I get and the longer I study (as I seem unable to leave education the two are becoming increasingly synonymous), the nearer a deadline has to be before I spring into action.  Which isn't to say that I don't spend a great deal of time thinking about the assignment at hand, or energy contemplating what it might be like to sit down and grapple with it...

It isn't all bad however, as I have discovered that procrastination is itself an art and a prompt for boundless creativity.  Whilst thinking about thinking and planning to plan, I find myself with endless ideas as to alternative pursuits that merit my attention and energy.  All of a sudden those tasks that have slipped off countless to-do lists resurface and are addressed; my correspondence is brought up to date; phone calls and emails are replied to, my admin is swum through and I manage to digest the supplements of the weekend papers. 

Enough already!  When will this eternal student finally learn?






No comments:

Post a Comment