Tuesday 21 February 2012

Falling in Love - all over again

Spring is in the air.  And with it love. 


I was overjoyed when Charlotte texted to tell me she planned to pedal in a leisurely fashion towards Look Mum No Hands for lunch.  I jumped at the invitation to join her.  We enjoyed the view across Waterloo Bridge, and were ready for the warm welcome that awaited us at the busy cafe. 

 



It's the first time I've got on my bike and left my postcode for a while, and it felt good.  It is, I remember, my favourite way to get around town and in spite of unpredictable taxis cutting us up on Clerkenwell Road, today was blissful. 

 

I've fallen in love again.  With my Trek 2nd District single speed.  This weekend I'm going to treat it to a makeover, with LMNH stickers, courtesy of Sam. 


Riding with Charlotte past a sign advertising Jeremy Deller's exhibition at the Hayward Gallery entitled 'Life is to blame for everything', I was reminded by her dignity and grace that, regardless of what life throws at us, there is still a degree to which we all have the power to alter our experience - by adjusting our attitude. 


Bravely preparing herself for round two of the chemical battle against the evil alien later this week, Charlotte has vowed to give up all negativity for Lent (which I am reliably informed starts on Wednesday, after an excess of pancakes) and has inspired me towards a matching commitment. 









No comments:

Post a Comment