Tuesday 15 May 2012

Beautiful Simplicity

I always enjoy returning to somewhere in which I formed happy memories.  Reconnecting with a space in which I enjoyed a peaceful yet productive week last year has been wonderful.  I am able to look back, and there is an immediate space for reflecting on what has happened between then and now.
 
I know my way around.  I have a different room but the corridors smell the same.  There is something of a two phase process that happens when I leave my home environment, and my ordinary routine packing and bringing with me only a few selected possessions for my sojourn.  I occupy an empty uncluttered space.  It is somehow both impersonal yet warm, and welcoming of whatever I might contain.  I like the parallel with the uncluttering of my psyche whilst becoming ever more present and accepting of whatever arises in my moment to moment experience.
 
My simple room facilitates reflection.  It helps me contemplate the true worth of the clutter I am apt to surround myself with.  It shatters the illusory necessity I am apt to attach to possessions.  How important is any of it, in the grand scheme of things?  Perhaps the simple life really can be the good life (at least for a week, anyway).  I have all I need.  I am here, in body, mind and spirit.  I have arrived.
    

   

No comments:

Post a Comment