Sunday 13 May 2012

Ssssh... We're meditating

The week had been in my diary since September 2010.  It got progressively closer, as time seems to pass whether I’m ready for it to or not, and then arrived.  Returning to the same venue I visited in September has highlighted the passage of time very clearly and unmistakably.  Things have changed and I guess I’ve changed, in response to them. 


As a way to spend this week of all weeks, it wouldn’t have been my first choice, but I previously committed to this, and am of the conviction that everything happens for good reason.  So, I’ve come and have brought with me, along with my yoga mat, foam blocks, cushions and blanket, a mind that is open and receptive to the process. 

It’s good being a grown up.  I have choices.  My primary responsibility this week is to listen to my body’s wisdom, and attend to its needs.  Self care is a pre requisite of any retreat.  All that is on offer is available should I wish to accept the invitation.  Guidance and insight await me, but I need not feel obligated, or duty bound.  It is not compliance that we seek to cultivate when we sit together – it’s compassion. 





No comments:

Post a Comment