Monday 25 June 2012

The race is on. The time is now.

My admin is up to date.  Correspondence is replied to.  Bills are paid.  My kitchen has been cleaned.  I have exercised as much as my body will permit.  Treats have been booked.  Carbs are being loaded.  A deadline must be on the horizon...


Indeed it is, and approaching fast.  As my tutor reminded me, elephants can be deceptive.  In the distance they look so small, tame and unthreatening.  As they approach and get closer, their true magnitude becomes clearer and more frightening.


My priority right now is not to freeze as I survey what is before me.  There is a task to be done, and do it I will.  Fears are best when met head-on.  I am well practised in the art of procrastination, but that phase has now passed.  Now it is time to remind myself of my intentions and original motivations, why I took on this project and what it means to me.


The end is in sight.  It's the final push.  I work best when I know how long I need to sustain myself for.  For me, the finish line is an important focal point.  With this, I can narrow the focus of my attention and energy.  The race is on.  The time is now.
     


No comments:

Post a Comment