Monday 4 June 2012

A right royal day - Sunday 3rd June 2012


A Bank Holiday is always welcome.  A four day weekend is something very special.  London has been jubilant in its celebration of Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee.  From my humble perspective, it's been extraordinary.  The party atmosphere has been infectious, building in recent weeks and culminating yesterday with crowds of wellwishers lining the riverbanks to see the Royal Pagaent, a modern day Armada.  My own experience was courtesy of the BBC, I was glued to the coverage and enjoyed it to the full.  Some would say I had missed out, having not risen at dawn to queue and secure my spot on the Embankment or in Battersea Park.  I feel no sense of regret.  As someone who spends very little time watching television, the occasion merited a marathon viewing episode I enjoyed from start to finish.  Nothing could dampen the nation's spirits yesterday and it was a tremendous spectacle to witness. 




No comments:

Post a Comment