Tuesday 18 September 2012

Carry on Climbing

 
My enthusiasm knows no bounds.  I found myself expressing interest in something before I had a clue what it is that I was committing myself to!  I'm in safe hands.  I know that.  I also know I can get off if I need to (or, if I find out half way up the incline that I haven't yet got the right cassette). 
 
How could I not join in?  It's a mission wholly inspired by Charlotte and her recovery, and all in aid of Breast Cancer Care.  Besides which, it will be fun.  I have limited experience of climbing, and can claim to be nothing but an amateur.  But I find a challenge alluring and determination is something of a middle name. 
 
This will be a challenge.  We will rise early, to meet at the Cafe from where we will set off and fire up our legs before reaching the two ascents.  My naivety amused me.  "Catford" I thought...  I couldn't call to mind any particularly sharp inclines.  YouTube set me straight. 
 
 
Indeed Yorks Hill is the site of the oldest continuing cycle race in the world.  And it boasts a super sharp gradient with an average of 12.5% and two beastly stretches of 25%.  We'll be tackling a second incline for good measure...  
 
 
I'm already praying for good weather and will be taking spin super seriously in the coming days and weeks in anticipation of the twin peak challenge on 14 October.  It will be brilliant whatever the weather as Charlotte will be getting back in the saddle. 
 
 
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/CupcakestoCatford
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment