Saturday 10 November 2012

Grounded

 
I have been facing a number of big decisions recently.  Today, decisions are things I see as opportunities for growth.  Which isn't to say they aren't sometimes scary.  Right at the back of my wardrobe, I came across a pair of shoes I had almost forgotten I had.  I remember buying them, in Newcastle in anticipation of some vacation work experience more than ten years ago.  Their soles reminded me how little I've worn them.  That changed last week. 
 
I have friends who truly believe that shoes are a girl's best friend.  I like shoes.  Ok, I love shoes.  Secretly, I am something of an aesthetic junkie.  Consequently, those I love most, my feet tend to loathe.  So, I have several pairs that rarely make it out of my bedroom. 
 
This particular pair of brogues however have had a second nascence.  And, as I wore them to work last week, it occurred to me that shoes can be very grounding.  Good when pondering significant decisions.  Whilst I may not be qualified to discuss the merit of four inch heels, I cannot rate highly enough the benefits of hand stitched leather soled flats.  Welted reliability guarantees groundedness.  These are truly shoes for life. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment