Thursday 3 January 2013

Other worldly

Orlando and its surrounding neighbourhoods have much to offer beyond Disneyworld.  I don't tend to go too long without a workout of some kind.  Today was no exception.  Chris put us through our paces.  He always does.  I have worked out with Chris on previous sojourns in Florida.  It's brilliant.  I have yet to find a London based Chris, but this year, I'm more motivated than ever to do so.  The combination of a super bright smile, and a thorough work out seamlessly tailored to individual goals is the ultimate package when it comes to exercising effectively.  Which we did.  Short, and sharp.  Hitting all the right spots. 


We're due to return tomorrow and could, if anything, have spent some more time stretching after our program which blasted upper and lower body, not forgetting the all important core.  It may be even more of a challenge with Mr. Challenger tomorrow.

I like nothing more than exploring the vicinity of wherever I find myself.  Getting my bearings, and nosing around comes naturally.  It couldn't be easier with a car, and a sophisticated Sat Nav whose abilities stretch to finding individual stores, when searched by name.  So a few hours passed easily enough.  I am always happy when browsing a book shop.  Particularly a branch of Barnes & Noble.

This evening's entertainment was something unexpected.  Cirque du Soleil's Worlds Away film is a must-see for any fan of the inimitable performance troupe.  Playing in 3D, this is a real treat.  It captures the essence of Cirque quite beautifully, intertwining acts from the seven shows that played in Vegas in 2011. 




The storyline is a simple one.  Girl sees guy she likes the look of.  And then looses him.  In the midst of a circus.  She searches all over for him.  Looking high and low.  Girl finds guy.  There's something of an extraordinary grand finale when they are reunited. 

It's an absolutely brilliant way of bringing the magic of Cirque to a wider audience.  Even having been privileged to see Cirque twice in London, and also in Orlando and Hong Kong, the film still took my breath away.  I can hardly wait to see Kooza.       


No comments:

Post a Comment