Saturday 14 September 2013

Overreacting

Predictive text is indeed a marvellous development. It has changed many lives, including my own.  Mostly for the better.  But not always.

Like when hysteroscopy became hysterectomy.  And I became nearly hysterical...  

I couldn't believe it.  Charlotte has just had the 'finishing touches' to conclude her massive surgical episode that began last summer.  The idea that she might be going back under the knife, was almost too much to bear.

It hit me hard.  My best friend is still a cancer patient.  She has been through so much, but this particular region covers a vast territory.  

Vast, and often frightening.  And that's just for me.  Sitting on the sidelines.  Watching.  Perhaps, there are times when it's harder being a spectator (I think the recently wed Scott Gardner would probably agree).
  
The hysteroscopy took place. And was unremarkable. Charlotte and I both cried with relief. The Tamoxifen is doing what it does best.  It's fighting the alien, and any descendants that might aspire to move in.  The battle strategy it adopts is quiet but ingenious.  It's a long road, and anything involving hormones is unlikely to be a smooth journey, but it's well underway and whilst energy levels may be low, the fighting doesn't cease.  
Time for another green juice?      



No comments:

Post a Comment