Tuesday 17 September 2013

When life happens...

Whilst I don't claim to be a writer, I believe I have developed an understanding of writer's block.  Life has thrown me a few curve-balls of late, and though I'd dodged some and bounced with others, the combination in swift succession has, I confess, slightly knocked me off course.  

I know, at some point, I shall likely become philosophical about some of the less enjoyable moments.  For now it is perhaps enough to say that I'm glad they've passed.  And pass these things do.

My closest friends are, they know very well, my family of choice.  Handpicked and, I think, very well chosen, they have once again proved their worth (often very quietly) and reminded me of their indefinable value.  Friendships that endure, whatever the weather (including seemingly inescapable winds and torrential rain) are not only what matters most to me, they are what enable me to be me.  

So, here's a heartfelt thank you to those precious individuals I feel privileged to name my friends.  You know who you are.  And to you I am so very grateful.

  




No comments:

Post a Comment