Monday 14 October 2013

Aching - in a good way

Today I ache.  I woke up feeling surprisingly stiff.  A reminder of those muscles I am apt to forget.  I work plenty of my muscles on a regular basis, but realise now that my usual routine has left a few neglected.  Whilst I have been meaning to get back into Combat, I have not yet re-joined my fellow kicking and punching enthusiasts, and have found an altogether more peaceful and serene way to spend a Sunday morning.

It involves getting out of bed, and getting into town.  But good coffee awaits those who get there early.  The hot drinks provided a much needed warm welcome yesterday as most of us arrived sodden from the heavy rain.  

Yesterday's agenda was a gentle one.  We began by introducing ourselves.  There will, some weeks, be 16 of us.  We all share an interest in yoga and mindfulness for wellbeing, and were expertly guided through a 75 minute practice taught at a truly mindful pace, followed by some very nourishing breath work and an opportunity for discussion at the close of the session.    

Veena is an amazing teacher.  I feel privileged to have discovered her 8 week course 'Yoga Therapy for the Mind', and am delighted to have embarked upon an 8 week program of a somewhat different variety.  We have mindfulness in common, and I'm very much looking forward to exploring the intersection between the two.

My shoulders and hips tell me it's going to be a challenging journey...  
And b-r-e-a-t-h-e...  




Veena's Yoga Therapy website

Yoga with Veena



No comments:

Post a Comment