Monday 16 December 2013

Moved by the movies

My local cinema is something of a favourite haunt.  I have a membership.  I often take friends, and I'm not averse to going by myself.  Somehow, I never feel lonely at the movies.  2013 has, it seems, been another good year for films.  These have been my highlights...  

Cirque du Soleil - Worlds Away 3D


Cinema is the most beautiful fraud in the world.
John-Luc Godard
Silver Linings Playbook



The Impossible


Cinema should make you forget you are sitting in a theatre.
Roman Polanski
Hyde Park on Hudson



Life of Pi 3D


Juxtaposing a person with an environment that is boundless, collating him with a countless number of people passing by close to him and far away, relating a person to the whole world, that is the meaning of cinema.  
Andrei Tarkovsky
Les Mis @ IMAX




Arbitrage



Side Effects



Lebanese Rocket Society



Place beyond the Pines



Great Gatsby 3D




The Heat



Lovelace



Ritzy Short Film Festival - feat. Arcade Attack (1982)


Photography is truth.  And cinema is truth twenty-four times a second.
John-Luc Godard
The Audience



Philomena



Cinema is a medium that can translate ideas.  
David Lynch
The Butler



Note to self:  Renew Picturehouse membership.  

No comments:

Post a Comment