Monday 3 February 2014

Befuddling Technology

Time seems to have been escaping me recently.  It's not that I haven't had ideas over the last couple of weeks, but the conversion rate from ideas into blog posts seems has been somewhat compromised. 

I have been frustrated and latterly confounded by issues of technology.  My laptop, after five and a half years of solid and unstinting service, died a sudden death which took me by surprise, and left me bereft, and all at sea.  I guess it's true:  sometimes you don't realise what you've got until you have it no longer.  Never again will I take for granted the relationship I have with my PC. 


Thankfully, Jon was on hand.  Jon is my local geek.  He collected the Toshiba, and placed it in a rucksack specially designed to accommodate such beasts, and whisked it away to recover the data from my hard drive. 

Which is exactly what he did.  50GB to be precise.  I have been reunited with all the skeletons from my closet - two Masters degrees and several other postgrad bits and pieces have been reinstated, and I am complete once more.  Now all I must do, is get familiar with Windows 8.  After all, this thing called life is about the journey, rather than the destination - right? 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment