Monday 28 April 2014

Getting it right

I was reminded recently of the importance of the right support.  When things get tough, sometimes we need to get tougher.  Sometimes we need to get stronger.  And strength, I have found, comes sometimes from the most unlikely sources.
 
 
Oftentimes I will explore with a client what their support network looks like.  There's no coincidence about my choice of words here.  I care not at all for jargon.  But in this context, 'network' means what it says.  Net-Work:  It is a net for us to fall onto, or into.  And it needs to work to be worth having. 
 
The sales assistant knew what she was talking about (she sold me the most wonderful pocket sprung pillow).  Never before have I found a pillow like it.  The comfort is in the support. 
 
I find enormous comfort in the support I know I am surrounded by. 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment