Sunday 13 April 2014

Mindful beginnings

I meet everyone before they begin a mindfulness course I am running.  The more I teach, the more important I believe these pre course meetings to be. 
 
On average, I spend as much time in these individual meetings as we will spend together as a group, and experience has shown me that it really is a very important part of the process.
 
There is something about meeting face to face that crystallises motivation and solidifies intention - both of which are, it would seem, significant determinants of outcome, in terms of what someone approaching a mindfulness programme is likely to get from coming.
 
These meetings are precious opportunities for participants to meet me, their teacher, and to ask anything and everything they might wish to know before the start of a course.  From the outset, I seek to answer the enquiries I am met with from my position as a practitioner. 
 
For this is where my teaching is born.  I, like those I teach, am developing and growing my own practice.  Sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly.  It's there and, just like everything else, it's changing all the time. 
 
No two courses I teach will ever be identical.  And for this I make no apology.  They might be the same...  ish.  But they cannot ever (and should never) be exact replications.  They are dynamic, and responsive. 
 
Each of the teaching sessions is a co-creation:  produced by the group firstly, and by myself as a facilitator of a process.  In this way, it is a journey that unfolds in the direction that we, as fellow travellers, together, wish to pursue. 
 
 
For more information on future courses and workshops please visit my website
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment