Wednesday 4 June 2014

There's no one quite like grandma

I was pleased to offer her a seat.  My eyes could barely leave the pair of them.  Rather out of place - on the busy tube, crowded full of commuters - thought I...
 
Grandmother and granddaughter.  Grandmother visiting granddaughter who has not long arrived in London - I thought...
 
They were, I could see, equally enthusiastic to see one another.
 
It was beautiful.
They were beautiful.
 
Grandmother could not resist but remark on granddaughter's dress.  A little too short not to be wearing tights.
 
Granddaughter (managing well in her skyscraper high heels) only smiles in response.
 
The love between them so apparent I feel I could reach out and touch it.
 
It made my journey.  It made my day.  It will stay with me a while longer. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment