Wednesday 11 June 2014

View from the pool

 
It's been a long time coming.  But it's done now.  Yesterday evening I made my debut at the Lido.  My first outdoor swimming experience of the year.  Somehow, my routine has seemingly not permitted me to spend nearly enough time exercising outdoors. 
 
I have, I know, been a tad busy... 
 
Yesterday was great.  I swam just under 2k which was, in fact, probably a little more than 2k.  Swimming lengths of 91m (that's 100 yards, in old money) in a pool without lane ropes means I likely clocked up quite a bit more as, I now realise, I struggle to swim in a straight line. 
 
Keeping on the straight and narrow has, historically, been something of a challenge. 
 
These days, I like to think I do it better.
 
Until I'm in a pool in which I can't see from one end to the other (for all the swimming gizmos and gadgetry I do not, yet, have prescription goggles so must remain chronically short sighted and heavily astigmatic).  Luckily, I swim for the experience, rather than the achievement.
 
I will not be leaving it long before I return to the million gallons of water contained within the UK's largest swimming pool.  I know few better ways to mark the end of my working day with the time I call my recreation. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment