Thursday 17 July 2014

Planned discharge

I have not yet got my head round it.  In a month's time, my mother will have been discharged from the nursing care home at which she has been a resident for the last four and a half months.  The news has hit me hard.
 
I did not see it coming.  I have been coming to terms with her transition into residential care.  It has been a far from straightforward road for either of us. 
 
I feel a mixture of emotions.  Disappointment is prevalent.  We had, I think, all been hoping that she would adjust to the new environment, and make herself 'at home'. 
 
Why this hasn't happened isn't entirely clear.  But it's obviously not the right place.  For her.  For now.   
 
And so the mission continues...  Trouble is, its terms are not yet entirely clear.  And the hardest thing is that it may be too late to adequately refine them with their subject. 
 
 
There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love. 
Martin Luther King, Jnr.



No comments:

Post a Comment