Tuesday 20 January 2015

Juice


It was greenish brown and, whilst definitely not sludge, a little thicker than usual.  Usual being for the last three weeks.  I was delighted to be given a juicer for Christmas and the novelty has yet to wear thin.  But this was a slightly more adventurous concoction than I have been dabbling with to date.

Apple juice is a fairly regular occurrence in my kitchen at present.  Apples plus...  

Tonight's recipe (never to be repeated, not because I wouldn't want to recreate it identically, but simply because it will never happen) included watercress, spinach, cucumber, grapes, lemon and mint.

And it was, even if I do say so myself, rather delicious.


If life gives you lemons, make some kind of fruity juice.
Conan O'Brien





Juicing has intrigued me for some time.  I held off and listened intently whilst friends and clients told me of their love affairs with their NutriBullets.

I have a crush (no pun intended) on my L'Equip XL.  It makes light work of my breakfast juice, and finding Tropicana on offer is a thing of the past.  No longer do Tetra Pak cartons reside in my fridge door.  

And so, I juice on...


Oranges, carrots and ginger of a morning, and green juices at lunchtime and/or after dark.  It's great fun and the dishwasher and heaped compost bin are just about keeping up.

But the point of it is...

Well, it probably matters not.  Everyone knows juicing is good for you.  But, if you are interested, then it's my token effort to take slightly better care of myself.  There's probably little coincidence that I celebrated another year recently (my birthday being at the end of the Gregorian calendar) and with it I had another opportunity to thank my lucky stars for my so-far-so-good physical health.  

I am determined to no longer take for granted this asset I have, for too long, been rather complacent about.  And that's why, for me right now, it's all about the juice.


Take care of your body, it's the only place you have to live.
Jim Rohn



No comments:

Post a Comment