Thursday 5 March 2015

Life goes on and carries me with it


There is a sudden surreal realisation that life has gone on 
with little notice of how your life has been forever altered.
John Pete


Time moves, and passes.  Things settle, and change.  I feel as though the change has been taking place somewhere deep within me.  I have a shifted outlook.  My reality has altered.  Profoundly.  And with it, my perspective is somehow different.

The capacity to grieve is as much a part of us as the capacity to love.


These changes are hard to pinpoint.  They are intangible, yet perceptible each and every moment that I choose to 'tune in'.  I have a different 'take' on the loss.  It is somehow no longer so immediate, or raw, yet always close by.

Each person's grief journey is as individual as a fingerprint or a snowflake.  
Earl Grollman


I carry it with me, but have found a way of holding it close without feeling consumed or restricted by it.  Like the many little things I transport in my handbag:  it is there, and I feel comforted knowing of its presence.  But I need not recollect it every minute of every day.  

Loss and heartache do not define you.  
They are part of your story.


Reminders abound.  Pieces of music.  Familiar phrases that I hear from others' mouths.  The redirected mail I will sometime get a handle on.  Your presence, sitting there peacefully on my kitchen window.  Delighting in the spring sunshine.  


No comments:

Post a Comment