Monday 13 April 2015

A year later



It has been a very strange year.  Everything has changed.  Keeping up with the changes was the challenge.  And, somehow, I feel I managed that.  

There is something about the work I do and the way I approach it that means I am constantly reminded of the inevitability of change.  I have the privilege of being able to watch people change before my very eyes.  

Sometimes I see the changes before they do.  Which is a second privilege:  I get to share this with them by reflecting what I see.

The last year has enabled me to see very clearly this process working in reverse.  Those around me have gently reflected back to me all that has gone on and the height of the hurdles I have encountered along the way.  

We needed to move quickly.  There wasn't much space at that point to take time to reflect:  we were in it and that was exactly where we needed to be.  Now there really is no rush:  all is exactly as it should be, and there is time and space to look back and survey where it is that we have been.  


You're not the same individual you were a year ago, a month ago, or a week ago.  You're always growing.  Experiences don't stop.  That's life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment