Thursday 28 May 2015

Beginning again

To learn how to teach is to re learn completely, and entirely.  

You must first forget what you have assumed and let go of all that you think you understand.  

To ask the right question you need to reconsider where it is that you stand.  

As only from the correct angle, will your perspective show you that which you must surely grasp.

A beginner's mind is a pre requisite...


Just as one can compose colours, or forms, 
so one can compose motions.
Alexander Calder


I am delighted to be spending time thinking about how best to share my passion and pass on to others the skills I have been lucky enough to develop.  

Swimming is to me far more than an activity that keeps me fit.  To swim is to feel alive, and well.  For it is in the water that I feel best able to bring mind and body together.    

I use the water to alter my mind, and swimming to enhance my mood.  It is, through movement in the water that I can regroup, decompress and remind myself of the joy life has to offer.

I am, you might say, a water baby.  

When I swim alongside others, I know I am among my tribe.  My pod.  

I do not seek to recruit, but to expand the joy I have discovered over the course of my lifetime spent in and under water.  But first, I must learn how to break it down.  Keeping it simple, I must find ways of getting back to basics.  


Every simple act must be approached as if we have never done it before.  
That way we can find things out.  
F. M. Alexander


You can't do something you don't know, if you keep on doing what you do know.
F. M. Alexander





No comments:

Post a Comment