Monday 6 July 2015

In it together

There are very few people I would agree to meet in a park super early on a Sunday morning.

Charlotte is one of them.  The appointed hour was 07:30.  The venue Richmond Park.

The pleasure was all mine...

Chemo complete and steroids finally out of the drug cocktail, Charlotte has been back on two wheels for 5 weeks.  And, on Sunday morning, was to be found racing on a tandem!

10.4 miles in under 30 minutes.  

Oozing with pride does not do justice to how I felt on meeting Charlotte post-race back at Pen Ponds.

Time trialing is something I don't even aspire to.  But for a cyclist so talented as she who I am privileged to call my best friend, the message to cancer is clear:  you can take the girl out of cycling, but you can't take cycling out of the girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment