Wednesday 11 November 2015

Remembrance: Mindfulness Underwater


This week served as a good reminded as to why I do what I do. I do what I do because I love it:  It really is as simple as that.

On speaking to someone (the thought of whose own exercise regimen makes me wince) I was slightly taken aback when he remarked upon my 'commitment' (in a respectful, slightly concerned manner) in response to my cold water swimming disclosure.

I don't swim because I have to...  I'm not 'training' for anything per se.  There are no upcoming events.  I'm not seeking to improve my time.  Or my endurance.  

I swim because I love it.

The only commitment I have made is to myself:  to do something everyday that makes me smile (whilst shivering).


Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love.  
It will not lead you astray.  ~ Rumi





No comments:

Post a Comment